Our study has passed – thank you to all who contributed from April 2017 – April 2018 on this project!
Do you enjoy birding? What about hiking and exploring new areas? Would you like to contribute to research? Join the Klamath Bird Observatory’s citizen science project on the Sampson Creek Preserve!
- This project offers something for all birders from easy walks to adventurous off-trail hiking as well as guided owl surveys! Either way you will be surrounded by beautiful views and plenty of birds!
- A training event was held on April 15th, 2017 but you can still participate if you did not attend the training.
- Monthly surveys will take place throughout the year.
- Participation will include some walking and/or hiking, recording all birds observed by sight and/or sound, and entering and submitting your findings into eBird Northwest.
- This project will also offer guided night surveys to inventory the local owl population.
- We are looking for participants who are interested in regular surveys and also those who can come occasionally.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you are interested in participating or would like more information contact Ellie Armstrong at eea@KlamathBird.org or 541-201-0866 ext. 5.